Rest at high-end hotels: the 6 best 5-star hotels in Italy
If you are looking for exclusive travel experiences in every detail, you must have imagined yourself at one of the best 5-star hotels in Italy, right?
Italy, world famous country for its culture, gastronomy and paradisiacal landscapes, also houses in its territory some of the most renowned hotels in the world, with experiences that transport tourists to the past and also to the future.
Do you want to see how this is possible?
Then continue reading this article. You will know more about the 6 best 5-star hotels in Italy:
- J.K. Palace Capri
- Punta Tragara Hotel
- Il San Pietro di Positano
- Hassler Roma
- Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco
- The Gritti Palace
6 best 5-star hotels in Italy
From now on, you will dive with us in the main features and differentials of the 6 best luxury hotels in Italy. Our varied selection searched accommodation with different characteristics, in different regions. Certainly, some of them will fascinate you.
1. JKPlace Capri
The ones who have the privilege of visiting Capri will never forget the experiences the region offers. After all, it is one of the most impressive paradisiacal places in Italy, with tailored options to those who enjoy a refined and charming tourism.
If it is possible to add an extra dose of comfort and sophistication, be sure to consider JKPlace Capri as one of the 5-star hotels in Italy to stay.
The hotel stands out immediately when you arrive: the decor finds a perfect balance between classic and contemporary. Echoing the concept of a luxury home, the interior design is full of elements that remind and translate the Capri experience:
- lights and colors that refer to the sea;
- curtains with light and fluid fabrics showing the natural balance of the wind;
- light furniture contrasted with decorative objects in navy, which evokes the traditional nautical style of the Mediterranean Sea.
Besides the differentials of accommodation at this luxury hotel in Italy you find:
- JKitchen: a charming bar and restaurant with a large panoramic terrace and a menu full of Mediterranean cuisine delicacies;
- lounge bar & restaurant;
- professional tour guides available for a tour on the island;
- rooms with incredible views;
- car service from/to the center or port of Capri;
- outdoor pool with panoramic views of the Bay of Naples.
- direct access to the public beach.
Location: JKPlace is on the island of Capri, close to the Amalfi Coast, 1.3 km (0.8 miles) from Piazetta.
Price: from €540 per night (values can vary)
2. Punta Tragara Hotel
Overlooking the Faraglioni, one of Capri’s great natural wonders, Punta Tragara Hotel must be on the list of the best 5-star hotels in Italy.
Punta Tragara seeks to translate the hospitality and enchantment of Capri in its building, which keeps in itself a familiar history of many generations of the ones who frequented the place, searching for tranquility.
Some of the amenities offered to the guests of Punta Tragara are:
- two restaurants (Le Monzù and Mammà, a starred Michelin) and a bar (Gin Club and American Bar Monzù);
- wellness area;
- beauty boutique;
- swimming pools;
- fitness and gym areas;
- privileged views of Capri’s natural treasures.
Location: The hotel overlooks the Faraglioni, the entire bay of Marina Piccola and the mythical Scoglio delle Sirene from above. You can reach it from the famous square in the pedestrian zone in about 15 minutes (only on foot), after crossing Via Camerelle, the comercial and fashion center, and Via Tragara, one of the most beautiful walkway on the island.
Price: from €660 per night (values can vary)
PS: It is requested a minimum stay of 3 nights during the high season*
3. Il San Pietro di Positano
If you are going to travel to the Amalfi Coast, you must consider Il San Pietro di Positano as an accommodation option. An icon of the region, this 5-star hotel in Italy is “more than a hotel. It is a journey within a journey” as stated on its website.
Immersed in the nature, Il San Pietro di Positano provides a true haven of peace for an elegant, traditional and contemporary stay at the same time.
- at the restaurant, classic regional recipes with a modern interpretation (signed by Chef Alois Vanlangenaeker);
- accommodations carved into the cliffside overlooking the Mediterranean Sea;
- direct access to a private beach (Beach Club);
- rooftop swimming pool overlooking the sea;
- tennis court;
- private and free cruises;
- private yacht available for chartering.
Location: 10 minutes away by car from the city center
Price: from €1,190 per night (values can vary)
4. Hassler Roma
If you are going to spend your honeymoon in Italy, Rome must be included as one of the visited destinations, right? After all, we are talking about one of the most romantic cities in the country.
If this is the case, consider Hassler Roma as an accommodation option. The hotel is already considered “legendary” in the sector, and the fame has a motive. Watch the video below to understand the reasons why Hassler is the choice of tourists passionate about comfort, luxury and personalized experiences.
Some highlights of Hassler Roma are:
- 4 options of bars and restaurants (including Imàgo, a Michelin-starred restaurant);
- 12 types of accommodation (from classic to highly luxurious penthouses);
- meeting and event facilities;
- special wedding packages;
- SPA and beauty spaces.
Location: Hassler Roma Hotel is located in the heart of Rome’s city center, at the top of the Spanish Steps. It is close to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps) and the Vatican.
Price: from €590 per night (values can vary)
5. Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco
Ah! Tuscany. If this unforgettable region is part of your romantic or family itinerary, make it even more special with a special accommodation. One of our suggestions is Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, one of the most bucolic and sophisticated 5-star hotels in Italy.
Situated at one of Tuscany’s oldest and best-preserved properties, the beauty of Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco resort is naturally breathtaking. There is no wonder: there are 5,000 acres of property, filled with a golf course, an excellent winery and even a historical village.
Do you want more? The Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco also offers:
- swimming pools;
- possibility of renting private villas for small groups or families;
- hiking trails;
- winery tours and enogastronomic experiences;
- several gastronomic options (including Osteria La Canonica and the Cooking School La Canonica);
- spaces for physical activities;
- spaces for meetings and events
Location: Tuscan countryside, 12 km (7.5 miles) from Montalcino.
Price: from €1,100 per night (values can vary)
6. The Gritti Palace
Once in Venice, do not miss the chance to stay at The Gritti Palace, our last – but not least – suggestion of the best 5-star hotels in Italy.
Member of the world-famous hotel chain Marriot Hotels, The Gritti offers its guests a high level of refinement with excellent quality services.
Its palace structure, its refined fabrics, works of art and antiques perfectly capture the essence of Venice.
In addition, The Gritti offers a hosting experience based on comfort and sophistication such as:
- 82 rooms and suites;
- gastronomy signed by Chef Daniele Turco at Club del Doge;
- guest experience manager at your service;
- pet friendly (small animals);
- restaurant overlooking the canal;
Location: on the banks of the Grand Canal, a few meters away from St. Mark’s square.
Price: from €1,000 per night (values can vary)
How to choose among the best luxury hotels in Italy?
Now that you have access to this complete list of the best 5-star hotels in Italy, it is time to choose the one (or more) that best suits your travel needs.
However, it is even better if you choose a travel agency specialist in Italy that will take into account details such as:
- trip profile (tourism, rest, leisure for children, honeymoon, etc.);
- traveler profile;
- available structure (will it be necessary to rent a car? Preference for walking?);
If it is time to plan your trip, we can help you create your customized travel itinerary, including the best 5-star hotels in Italy! Cieli di Toscana team knows the country like the back of their hands. Therefore, we are ready to help you create a tailor-made trip, including all the services you desire.
The trips planned by Cieli di Toscana include 5-star services, concierge and assistance in English during your stay In Italy.
We design a customized itinerary based on your preferences. You will find useful information and suggestions of the best of each city: places to visit, the most beautiful roads to reach the destination, the most convenient parking lots, the best restaurants, stores, experiences and much more.
In addition, you can check our exclusive app with more than 1,500 suggestions of what to do, where to buy and where to eat at your destination!
How about contacting us to make your dream-trip come true?